Ready for Game Day while you're on the Whole30? If you've been around Frugal on the Prairie for a while then you know what huge football fans we are. We have literally worked schedules and birthday parties around games on the weekend. I know that sounds a little insane, but it's just something we're passionate about in our family.
I'm sure you've noticed my family is doing the Whole30 for the month of January so our Game Day recipes will not be including the carb-filled, sugary stuff I usually cook. I'm excited to be including this yummy recipe on one of our favorite days of the week.
This past weekend I shopped at my local Randalls to make this delicious guacamole recipe that I've tweaked a little to make it Whole30 compliant. Guacamole is like the official family dip for every vegetable in our house. We love it!
Whole30 Guacamole Recipe for Game Day! Ingredients
- 5 avocados
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Ole El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- chopped fresh red onion, if desired
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients except onion, mashing avocados. Sprinkle with onion. Enjoy!
- (Note: The original Old El Paso™ recipe calls for 2 ounces of queso fresco cheese but I omitted this for the sake of the Whole30.)
What's your favorite Game Day recipe? Let me know on Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #oldelpaso :)This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons. The opinions and text are all mine.